Origin of Memoires of a Chef

The concept of the name behind the idea has been boiling over in my head for some time, understanding what it means to me and what I want it to bring to my life. It's like remembering the first time you heard that song, and it brings back so many fond memories. Well, if you put it across food, it honestly brings so many fruitful moments, which has allowed me to treasure my life through the richness of what I consume. 

The idea of a Chef is to bring edible elements into fruition as if they were there waiting for you to break the shell; food can mean so much to people, it can be their life, or it can be their hell, be what it is to you, it really does bring a moment of clarity to one's mind, with the opportunity to bring a whole nation together. That is the fascinating idea that food can bring to an individual. 

Honestly, something I've been pondering for some time is the moment I realise I will begin writing, a daunting task, to say the least, and perhaps blown out of proportion in my head as to how daunting it could be...when in reality all it is are words stringed together to bring some sort of meaning. Much like ingredients that at first glance are random, it is through the Chef which allows them to come to fruition and into their own strengths, as they complement one another. 

If you are here reading this, I thank you, and at the same time, I wonder what it is that food could bring into your life? 

The following blogs will be dedicated to the moments I have daily when thinking about food; I've got some ideas which I feel will become helpful, things I do, and activities I try and take on board to become a better Chef. Although I did my culinary education a few years back, it's something I carry with me every day and will do for the rest of my life. It kinda brings me to life! There is so much that is untold about food, ok, the taste is very important, but have you ever wondered how you can remember much more from a given day if you attach it to food? In my own case, having been brought up in Mexico City, I remember very clearly the time when I began eating tacos (obviously, I can't remember the first time, but I do remember thinking back to when I was 3 years old, treasuring that moment of eating tacos al pastor with my dad at our favourite taco place, then walking back together after having parked the car down at the safeguarding car park; it was to make sure the car wouldn't get burgled...the joys of Mexico. But, by attaching my memory to food, I have captured a lot more of my life through the smell and taste that food brings to me. 

Taking it a step further, it took it to a new level once I started to cook. Knowing that I would be cooking for my family one Christmas day at the age of 12 years, my nan had complete trust in what I could do in the kitchen; perhaps she still felt I would need some support, but I honestly remember bringing all the ingredients together and making sure the timing was perfect. That first Christmas meal I cooked for my family in 2009 will always be remembered for the rest of my life. 

Now, that is the power of food! 

I hope that you join me in this interesting adventure to discover how food can bring you to life and at the same time bring a whole nation together, sharing one meal at a time, and finally making sure each meal you have in front of you is the best you can produce! 

Let food bring you the joy you have within! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it mean "Memoires of a Chef"?

2 | On being in touch with yourself...